Conner Museum traces its beginnings to 1894, when Charles R. Conner, president of the Board of Regents, persuaded the state of Washington to donate its exhibits from the Chicago World’s Fair to the fledgling Washington Agricultural College. Those first exhibits came from a mixture of several disciplines including anthropology, geology, biology, and agriculture. Over time and through the influence of successive curators, the museum’s theme gradually narrowed and focused on vertebrate animals. Today the museum’s public exhibit includes over 700 mounts of birds and mammals. The scientific collection used by researchers houses over 60,000 specimens of birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
Open 7 days/week
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Closed on major holidays and during the annual University closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day)
South end of the first floor of Abelson Hall
School groups and tour groups are welcome. No reservations or advance notice needed.