- Step 1: To See How All of Your Courses Will Transfer Please Click HERE
- Step 2: Determine your math courseIf you did NOT complete an equivalent to WSU’s Math 140 (calculus) or higher while at community college you will need to take a Math class. *Please note, Stats courses at community college will not place you in a math course. If you have only taken Stats or you have not taken Math, you will need to take the ALEKS placement exam prior to registration*
- Step 3: Determine your Biology courseIf you did NOT take the equivalent of WSU Biology 106 and/or 107 prior to enrolling at WSU you will need to take them at WSU. Please consult with your advisor regarding which of these classes would best suit you.
- Step 4: Determine your Chemistry courseIf you did NOT take the equivalent of WSU Chemistry 105 and/or Chemistry 106 prior to enrolling at WSU you will need to take them at WSU. Please consult with your advisor regarding which of these classes would best suit you.
- Step 5: Transfer your courses INCLUDING your AA where applicableIt is imperative that you transfer all your classes into WSU as soon as you possibly can to avoid taking redundant coursework. You can use the Transfer Course Equivalency site (see step 4). Visit the Transfer Student Guide for instructions on transferring credits. Also, please make sure that your transcript states a completed AA degree in order to complete your UCORE classes. Once your transcript posts, you will be able to tell when you run a “what-if” report. Your UCORE classes (except CAPS) will show as being “satisfied by DTA.”
Core Courses for all Biology/Zoology Degrees
- Biology 106 and 107
- Chem 105, 106, and 345
- Math 140 OR 171 (Calculus)
To see full list of required courses for all biology/zoology degrees please click HERE
UCORES Required by WSU
To see all UCORE Categories and Courses Click HERE – Please note that ROOTS and CAPS do not have equivalent courses at most institutions.