Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
Washington State University
College of Arts and Sciences
Mission and Values
Transfer Student Information
Helpful Resources for Graduate Students
Student Learning Outcomes
Postdoc and Research Associate
New Pullman Grad Students – Fall 2021
Franceschi Microscopy & Imaging Center
Plant Growth Chambers and Greenhouses
Stable Isotope Core
I Want to Give
Connect With Us
Graduate Certificate in Bioinformatics
School of Biological Sciences Newsletter (Fall 2020 – Pending)
The School of Biological Sciences
Supplement to Application Form
Supplement to Application School of Biological Sciences
What semester are you applying for?
Intended Campus of Study
1. Briefly discuss the area of research you might wish to pursue in this department; if uncertain, summarize your primary biological interests.
2. Briefly describe any research projects in which you have been involved, indicating the goal or research question and your role in the project (such as data collection, analysis, writing of a manuscript). include the title of your master's thesis if applicable.
3. Name one or more of the SBS faculty members whose research activities seem to coincide with your biological interests.
4. Do you have experience and/or expertise in specific scientific areas (such as animal behavior, genomics, or photosynthesis), research techniques (such as field work, pcr, microscopy, or modeling), or related competencies (such as statistics, data analytics, or programming) that you feel are particularly relevant to your application?
5. List courses for which you have had teaching experience.
6. Briefly outline your long-term professional goals.
7. Why are you interested in pursuing a graduate degree at WSU?
8. Please list the courses in which you are now enrolled and those additional courses you plan to take before you enter our graduate program.
9. International students, please list the date and score of your TOEFL exam.
Save and Continue Later