I advise students pursing Biology, Zoology, and General Studies-Basic Medical Sciences degrees.
If you would like to meet with me and are not a current advisee send me an email.
If you are in one of the classes I teach (SCI 101, HONS 290, various BIOL classes) more information can be found on the Blackboard webpage for the class.
I am interested in using technology to improve undergraduate classes.
- Ritchie S (2018) Providing online lectures for regular classes: how does it impact attendance and student performance? Manuscript in preparation
- Ritchie S (2016) Self-assessment of video-recorded presentations: does it improve skills? In Press Active learning in Higher Education 17(3), 207-221.
- Strader L, Ritchie S, Soule J, McGinnis K, Steber C (2004) Recessive-interfering mutations in the gibberellin signaling gene SLEEPY1 are rescued by overexpression of its homologue, SNEEZY. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 101; 12771-12776
- McCubbin A, Ritchie S, Swanson S, Gilroy S (2004) The calcium-dependent protein kinase HvCDPK1 mediates the gibberellic acid response of the barley aleurone through regulation of vacuolar function. Plant Journal 39; 206-218
- Ritchie S, Swanson S, Gilroy S (2002) From common signaling components to cell specific responses: insights from the cereal aleurone. Physiologia Plantarum115; 342-351